Catawba Valley Pride Scholarship
Catawba Valley Pride is pleased to be offering a scholarship for academic year 2015-2016. The scholarship funds $500 to a Catawba, Burke, Caldwell, Alexander, Iredell or Lincoln County resident and must be either a student who is LGBT or a straight ally. The applicant must demonstrate service to the LGBT community or a desire to serve the LGBT community. The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The Catawba Valley Pride Scholarship will be in the amount of $500. Additional funds may be accepted via community donations and potentially added to the scholarship amount.
- Scholarship funds must be used toward educational expenses.
- Awards will be distributed to the student upon receipt of a letter of acceptance and verification of enrollment.
- Be a graduating high school senior entering an institute of higher education in the Fall.
- Be a resident of Catawba, Burke, Caldwell, Alexander, Iredell or Lincoln County, North Carolina.
- Identify as a gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender student or a straight ally who can demonstrate service to and/or support of the LGBT community.
- Have applied to, and been accepted by a 4 year college or 1-2 year community college or vocational school for academic year 2014-2015.
More information may be found on the application form.
Your donations are needed to continue the Catawba Valley Pride Scholarship Program. Catawba Valley Pride, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a goal to educate, commemorate, and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender history, uniqueness, and diversity in all the facets of our communities.