Catawba Valley Pride Scholarship
Catawba Valley Pride is pleased to be offering a scholarship for academic year 2016-2017. The scholarship funds $500 to a Catawba, Burke, Caldwell, Alexander, Iredell or Lincoln County resident and must be either a student who is LGBT or a straight ally. The applicant must demonstrate service to the LGBT community or a desire to serve the LGBT community. The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The Catawba Valley Pride Scholarship will be in the amount of $500. Additional funds may be accepted via community donations and potentially added to the scholarship amount.
- Scholarship funds must be used toward educational expenses.
- Awards will be distributed to the student upon receipt of a letter of acceptance and verification of enrollment.
- Be a graduating high school senior entering an institute of higher education in the Fall.
- Be a resident of Catawba, Burke, Caldwell, Alexander, Iredell or Lincoln County, North Carolina.
- Identify as a gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender student or a straight ally who can demonstrate service to and/or support of the LGBT community.
- Have applied to, and been accepted by a 4 year college or 1-2 year community college or vocational school for the upcoming academic year.
More information may be found on the application form.
Your donations are needed to continue the Catawba Valley Pride Scholarship Program. Catawba Valley Pride, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a goal to educate, commemorate, and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender history, uniqueness, and diversity in all the facets of our communities.